North Fork's 562-acres provides us room to grow as we fulfill our mission to serve as a catalyst for the creation of research and business collaboration between the University of Virginia and public and private sectors—benefiting the commonwealth of Virginia, the Central Virginia region, and the nation as a whole.
Our Master Plan
Accompanying significant northward growth in our area, we have seen how new trends in transportation, health and wellness, access to public spaces, and walkability have changed how people view their communities and employment centers. With this as a backdrop, the University of Virginia Foundation updated the park’s master plan to emphasize its location and natural setting by creating critical connections; leveraging open spaces; introducing a mix of uses, including residential; broadening the types and configuration of spaces; and embracing healthy living.
Over the past several years, the UVA Foundation has made significant investments in response to the revised master plan:
- Extending Lewis & Clark Drive between Route 29 and Airport Road (eventually connecting to Berkmar Extended in Hollymead Town Center)
- Extending water and sewer lines to accommodate further development
- Establishing shuttle bus service between North Fork and the University’s central grounds and health system (in partnership with JAUNT)
- Expanding food services with Foods of All Nations Café and the new Navbar
- Completing Town Center Four, featuring the new Success Studio North fitness center, North Fork Meeting Center, and vastly expanded Wi-Fi-enabled public spaces (indoor and outdoor)
Discover Community at North Fork
Create new connections at the park, whether through collaboration with tenants, fitness, dining, or our many community events.
Our Strategic Plan
North Fork provides state-of-the-art facilities that endeavor to meet the needs of businesses, research institutions, government agencies, startups, and the community alike. As part of our strategic plan, we’re committed to:
- Supporting the University of Virginia’s academic and research goals
- Building connections with the broader community
- Collaborating with the UVA Applied Research Institute and Rivanna Station
- Providing room to grow for maturing startups
- Partnering with economic developers
- Pursuing our revised master plan, which includes exploring residential opportunities and leveraging our expansive outdoor spaces
A Commitment to Economic Development
Supporting and strengthening economic growth in the Central Virginia region and the Commonwealth of Virginia broadly is at the heart of North Fork’s mission. As part of this work, we:
- Partner with economic development authorities and organizations at the state, local, and regional level
- Facilitate access to the University of Virginia’s research, faculty, and future workforce
- Maintain close ties with North Fork tenants, the Central Virginia Partnership for Economic Development, and the University of Virginia's Office of Economic Development
- Provide leadership in local development initiatives around planning, transportation, business growth, and the regional defense and intelligence community
"We are committed to continued investment in North Fork - advancing it as a flexible, forward looking community that can bring established pioneers and emerging creative ideas together in a collaborative environment that sparks academic and economic growth."
First “Ready Site” in the Region
In 2018, a 235-acre site at North Fork was certified by the commonwealth of Virginia as infrastructure ready through the Virginia Business Ready Sites Program (VBRSP).
The VBRSP promotes the development and characterization of sites to enhance Virginia’s infrastructure and promote the commonwealth’s competitive business environment. North Fork received the tier 4 designation, the first in the region, further distinguishing Central Virginia as an attractive place for doing business.
Learn more about North Fork at the Virginia Economic Development Partnership.