DMV Connect is a service outreach program and serves Virginians who may not be able to travel to a DMV office.
DMV Connect teams will be at the UVA Research Park on Thursday, March 5 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. in the Off-Grounds Conference Room (Town Center Two). Services are by appointment only.
DMV Connect offers:
- REAL ID (additional details below)
- Driver’s licenses
- Identification cards (adult and child)
- Disabled parking placards
- Vehicle titles
- Address changes
- Vehicle registrations
- E-ZPass transponders
- Compliance summaries
- Hunting and fishing licenses
Beginning October 1, 2020, Virginians will need a REAL ID compliant driver’s license or ID card – or another federally approved form of identification, such as a U.S. passport or some military IDs – to board a domestic flight or enter a secure federal facility.
All applicants for a REAL ID compliant credential, including current Virginia credential holders, must apply in-person, and pay a $10 one-time REAL ID surcharge in addition to standard renewal ($32 for most customers) or replacement ($20) fees. Driver’s licenses and ID cards can be renewed up to one year before the expiration date.
There are several documents that must be presented when applying for a REAL ID. You’ll need to bring physical documentation of:
- Identity and legal presence – such as an unexpired U.S. passport or U.S. birth certificate
- Social Security Number – a Social Security card or W-2 form that shows all 9 digits
- Two proofs of residency – this can be your valid Virginia driver’s license with your current residential street address, voter registration card, recent utility bills, or rental lease agreement or mortgage statement
- Proof of any name changes – such as marriage certificates, divorce decrees, or court orders
Beat the rush and apply for a REAL ID now! For more information, please visit dmvNOW.com/REALID.